This recipe makes 1 pie
|Pan Pizza Perfecto Pizza Dough|
|Active Dry Yeast||2+1/4 tsp|
|Olive Oil||2 tsp|
|Bread Flour||2 cups|
|LASAGNE PIE FILLING|
|Ground beef||1 lb.|
|Onion, chopped||1 small|
|Garlic, minced||1 clove|
|Tomato paste||5+1/2 oz.|
|Sweet basil||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh mushrooms||1/4 lb.|
|Green pepper, sliced||1/2|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||2 cups|
Pan Pizza Perfecto Pizza Dough
1. In large bowl, combine water (110-115°F), sugar, salt, Yeast and oil. Stir in 1 cup flour and beat until smooth.
2. Add the remaining flour and mix to form a ball. Let dough rest for 15 minutes. While dough is resting, make the Lasagne Pie filling below.
Lasagne Pie Filling
1. In a large skillet add 1 TBSP oil and over medium high heat brown the ground beef, add the onion and garlic and cook until tender. Drain off any fat.
2. Mix in the tomato paste, water, basil, salt and sugar. Cook for about 5 minutes at a low simmer.
3. Thinly slice mushrooms and green pepper, grate cheese and set aside.
4. Place dough on an oiled 13-inch pizza pan or cookie sheet. Add 1 TBSP oil in middle of dough, press dough out with fingers to fill pan.
5. Place half the ground beef mixture on dough, then half the cheese, mushrooms, and green pepper. Repeat with a second layer. Let sit for 15-20 minutes uncovered.
6. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
*You can substitute Instant (fast-rising) yeast in place of Active Dry Yeast. When using Instant Yeast, expect your dough to rise faster. Always let your dough rise until ripe. Traditional methods: use equal amounts; Bread Machine: use 1/2 tsp Instant Yeast OR 3/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit our Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.