Red Star® PLATINUM Superior Baking Yeast can be used in any recipes, including our tried and true recipes found on our website here.
More wonderful recipes from some of our blogger baker friends - see links below recipe!
OATMEAL WALNUT BREAD
The crunch of walnuts, the rich molasses and the nutty flavors of whole wheat and oats create a wonderful whole-grain loaf.
Serve it with pride anytime.
Bread Flour 2 cups
Red Star® PLATINUM 1 package (1/4 oz.)
Salt 1 ½ tsp
Water 1 cup
Molasses 4 TBSP
Vegetable Oil 2 TBSP
Quick rolled oats 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour 1 cup
Walnuts, chopped 3/4 cup
Egg, water and rolled oats for topping
Oven 375°F Makes 1 Loaf or 9 Rolls*
In large mixing bowl, combine 1 ¼ cups bread flour, yeast and salt; blend well. Heat 1 cup water, molasses, vegetable oil and rolled oats until warm (120°-130°F). Add to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in whole wheat flour, nuts and enough remaining bread flour to make a firm dough. Knead on floured surface 5-8 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Use additional flour if necessary. Place dough in lightly oiled bowl and turn to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place about 15 – 20 minutes.
Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; punch down to remove air bubbles. Roll or pat dough to a rectangle, approximately 14x7. Starting with shorter side, roll up tightly, pressing dough into roll with each turn. Pinch edges and ends to seal. Place in a greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise until indentation remains after lightly touching the side of the loaf, about 30-40 minutes. Combine egg and 1 tablespoon water; brush top of loaf. Sprinkle with rolled oats. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from pan; cool.
*Baker’s tip: This recipe makes wonderful dinner rolls or a round loaf of bread. To make pan rolls, divide dough into 9 rolls and place them in a greased 8-inch square pan. To make a round loaf, shape into a round loaf and place on a greased cookie sheet. Proceed as above.
VISIT THESE BLOGS FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES MADE WITH PLATINUM YEAST:
- Thyme in Our Kitchen - Cinnamon Swirl Brioche
- Lauren's Latest - Pumpkin Yeast Waffles
- Fake Ginger - Cinnamon Rolls
- Confections of a (Closet) Master Baker - Meyer Lemon Sugar Crunch Buns
- Confections of a (Closet) Master Baker - Pumpkin Cheesecake Buns
- Elle’s New England Kitchen - Pumpkin Pie Braid
- Cake Duchess - Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- La Fuji Mama - Milk Shokupa (Japanese Style White Sandwich Bread)
- Miss in the Kitchen - Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts
- Barbara Bakes - Lemon Pull-Apart Bread
- Cooking With Books - Orange Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Farmgirl Gourmet - No Knead Cheese Studded Dinner Rolls
- Wanna Be A Country Cleaver - Pumpkin Praline Monkey Bread
- Roxana's Home Baking - Homemade Croissants
- Cookistry - No-Fail, No-Fuss White Bread
- My Kitchen Addiction - Pumpkin Sticky Buns
- Rachel Cooks - Cranberry Walnut Oat Bread
- Bran Apetit - Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Swirl Bread
- Bake Your Day - Salted Pretzel Bread Bowls
- Cafe Terra Blog - Chocolate Coffee Pull-Apart Bread
- Abby Dodge - Whole Wheat Honey English Muffins
- Fifteen Spatulas - Whole Wheat Hot Buttered Pretzels
- Dine & Dish - Buttery Dinner Rolls
PROFESSIONAL RESULTS EVERY TIME!
More information on Red Star® PLATINUM Superior Baking Yeast: